07 March, 2012

Out with the Old & In with the New

Out with the old...

And in with the new...

Just another one of our preparations for moving to Germany!

When you PCS overseas the Army will pay to ship one POV: privately owned vehicle. We had to decide between shipping my 2002 Honda Civic or RC's 2004 Toyota Tacoma. I think it would be pretty apparent to most that a truck in Germany wouldn't really fly. The roads and parking spaces are just smaller. Could it have been done? Sure. Ideal? Not so much.

So we made the decision to sell RC's truck and ship my Civic. I love my little Civic. She's the only car I've ever had. She is in great shape despite the many, many miles I've put on her. So the plan was to make her a world traveler, and then purchase another car once we were in Germany.

Then RC ran across the little beauty above on USAA.com. It was a match made in heaven. A 2009 Toyota Camry that was significantly newer than either of the cars we had with MUCH less mileage. Only one owner... She was a steal! Plus the listed price matched well with the trade-in value we would receive for RC's Toyota Tacoma. This was critical because if we were going to buy a car in the US before leaving we did not want to have to finance! If you finance a car the lender has to give you approval for the car to be shipped overseas. I've heard horror stories of military families not receiving approval and being stuck. We did not want to have to deal with that! So we forked over some cash and TADA we have a new car that we'll be shipping to Germany! I'm really excited to have something newer and I can't begin to tell you how much I love having four doors after driving a coupe for so long. Plus it's more family friendly. :)


2 comments:

ashleigh said...

congrats its beautiful;
i love that you are moving to germany;
my whole family is from there and i have been there several times! i love it

carissa said...

i didn't know you were going to Germany. wow! what an adventure it will be. have fun and enjoy discovering new things!!

Post a Comment

All images, designs, and words are intellectual property of Emma Leigh unless otherwise stated.